Welcome to this week's Tao Te Ching verse. See here for what this is all about.
Just to comment though, for now I am not adding any commentary. I am just going through the verses. At some point, I'll probably do it again but take my time and thinking more about each one.
- Verse 7
- The Tao is infinite, eternal.
- Why is it eternal?
- It was never born;
- thus it can never die.
- Why is it infinite?
- It has no desires for itself;
- thus it is present for all beings.
- The Master stays behind;
- that is why she is ahead.
- She is detached from all things;
- that is why she is one with them.
- Because she has let go of herself,
- she is perfectly fulfilled.