If you have been in and social media site in the last week or so you have been probably been bombarded with year in reviews which randomly select pictures you have posted over the last year to create a montage of the last year. So you know it's that time of the year again. You would also know it is that time of the year again since I have started posting on this blog again. :-)
In January of this year, I posted my goals for the year, here. I did not say resolutions because that seems to imply binary, yes or no. You either did it or not. Resolution doesn't need to be binary but that seems to have become the norm. So in my post I called them targets. So let's review them to see how we did.
- Weight to 140:
- My next target is to reach 140 pounds by the end of 2015.
- This morning I weighed 138.6. So this goal is can be marked down as achieved. I in fact reached this goal back in November but gained a little over the start of winter break. So I had to lose some extra weight these last few days. That fact, or more importantly the causation of it, will become important to remember when I create my goals and intentions for next year.
- My goal for exercise had a couple of parts to it:
- "Continue to do as much yoga as I can without burning out or going bankrupt"
- I am not yet bankrupt and I have donea lot of yoga. In fact, I have been keeping track of how many hours of yoga I have done since September. It is over 120 hours, including private/home and short practices, so I am marking this one down as achieved.
- "Complete as may 5Ks as I can this year to get the 20K challenge wear from Hyland"
- Another one achieved. See picture. In addition to doing as many 5Ks to get the Hyland 20K Challenge jacket (for the first time), I did various types of running at Yogination (now CleFIT) including 5k runs, suicides, hill sprints.
- Try a Tim Corrigan bootcamp session and other fitness regimes like Beth's tabata program at 3 Sisters Yoga + Fitness;
- I took Tim's class and it hurt to walk for almost a week. I will take it again at some point but not until I am done with YTT. So this one can also be considered completed achieved.
I would consider that to be a very successful year in terms of living my intentions. This review will provide the basis for 2016 and my intentions for the upcoming year. I should be posting those over the next couple of days. Or that's the plan anyway.