I had a great weekend attending Marni Task Yoga Jivasara Yoga Teacher Training. I graduated in May of this year but Marni welcomes back alumni to participate in the teacher training. It's incredibly generous of her!
I can tell you that I feel like I am learning even more than I did the first time around. That actually cannot be true since I pretty much didn't know *anything at all* last time around. That's also why is almost seemed overwhelming. Last year I had been doing yoga for only a year, where as now I am a grizzled veteran of practicing yoga for two years.
Seriously though the difference is a couple different things. I am actually teaching yoga at this point so I have context for what I am learning. When Marni talks about an assist, I can picture students on whom I could use the assist. Yesterday, I was odd man out so I got to watch people practice, and it was very educational not doing it but watching and trying to pick things up.
Welcome to this week's Tao Te Ching verse. See here for what this is all about.
- Verse 14
- Look, and it can't be seen.
- Listen, and it can't be heard.
- Reach, and it can't be grasped.
- Above, it isn't bright.
- Below, it isn't dark.
- Seamless, unanamable,
- it returns to the realm of nothing.
- Form that includes all forms,
- image without an image
- subtle, beyond all conception.
- dd>Approach it and there is no beginning;
- follow it and there is no end.
- You can't know it, but you can be it,
- at ease in your own life.
- Just realize where you come form;
- this is the essence of wisdom.