Happy Labor Day! I teach at Fitworks in Highland Heights this morning but will be back for breakfast by 9.
Welcome to this week's Tao Te Ching verse. See here for what this is all about.
- Verse 8
- The supreme good is like water,
- which nourishes all things without trying to.
- It is content with the low places that people disdain.
- Thus it is like the Tao
- In dwelling, love close to the ground.
- In thinking, keep to the simple.
- In conflict, be fair and generous
- In governing, don't try to control
- In work, do what you enjoy.
- In family life, be completely present.
- When you are content to be simply yourself
- and don't compare or compete,
- everybody will respect you.